Monday, September 21, 2009
Hey Moms! Do not be afraid of the "skinny" jean!
This fall, throw your "mom" jeans to the side and try something a little edgier! Yes Moms edgy, we can do it! Skinny jeans are not just for skinny people, in fact they are flattering on a lot of different body types. I have a mom friend that had never tried on a pair of skinny jeans, in fact she thought she could not wear them! I recommended that she try a pair, she did and now she won't wear any other style.
Advice when shopping for skinny jeans:
1. a little bit of stretch is fine- about 2% makes them flattering and keeps the tush pulled in, anything more makes them too fitted!
2. buy a size smaller than you think you need. If you can get them buttoned but they are tight through the leg, that is the right size. DENIM STRETCHES!
3. you want them to be a bit longer than you normally would wear to get the "scrunched" look at the ankle. This also helps elongate your leg.
4. Check out: J Crew- they have the "matchstick" jean that is a skinny jean, but is a little more of a straight leg for those that need to ease into this trend!
How to wear your new jeans:
1. with a tunic (long top) belted or not
2. with flats, heels or a great knee high boot
3. with a great boyfriend blazer
Let me know if you tried skinny jeans and how you liked them!
Good Luck and remember push the envelope a bit!