Friday, January 8, 2010
Ok, I know that title sounds extremely perverted, but what I am actually talking about is cutting bangs!!
It's the new year, and it's time for a new look!
I am a big fan of bangs! Not only do they cover up my unfortunate frown line...but I just think they look fresh and on trend!
Bangs are not the right move for all hair styles but, when done right can really add to your existing do!
There are a few different styles of bangs:
- Straight Bangs- The hair is combed straight down slightly around the brows.
- Parted Bangs- Parted either down the middle or off center slightly.
- Choppy Bangs- Uneven and choppy and add flair to the hairstyle.
- Side Swept Bangs- Swept to one side usually in a sleek fashion.
- Wispy Bangs- Slightly sprinkled lightly over the forehead
- Blunt Bangs- Cut in a blunt manner and come down over the forehead
- Wavy Bangs- Curled or waved before being swept over the forehead
I suggest talking to your hair stylist before cutting bangs to find out if it is the right look for your facial features! If it is, GO FOR IT!! You can always grow them out if you do not like them. But, if you never try them, you will never know how fabulous they really are!!