Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I think many moms have this perception that the "mall" photography studios are no good!
Well, I am here to tell you, that is not the case! I am a mom totally obsessed with pictures! I take a lot of them on my own, and also had a professional come to our home when my son was a newborn to get some "baby" shots. Although I love the pictures that I take, I like having the professional pictures to hang in our home. Unfortunately, with the economy the way it is, spending $600.00 on a session and photos is just not in the budget... when I want new pictures every couple of months!
I discovered Picture People, when my son Ethan was 4 months old, and we have been using them every other month since then!
They are located in malls across the country. Check out the website: www.picturepeople.com to locate one near you!
This is why I like them:
- No Sitting fees EVER
- Pictures are ready in about an hour (sometimes longer sometimes less)
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Now, the key to achieving really cool photos and not cheesy "mall" photos is:
- keep it simple- no props (or just one)
- tell the photographer exactly what you want them to capture:
- head shot
- toddler walking shot
- baby sitting up or crawling
- Utilize their really cool photo effects(get creative moms!):
- Black and white
- Sepia- brown tone
- Retro- faded color (my personal fave)
Each sheet costs $18.00 and includes:
- 1 8x10 or 2 5x7's or 5 4x6's or 8 wallets
You can also have them frame the photos for you, however I suggest going to Michael's and buying a ready made frame! You will save so much money!!
They offer great discounts at certain times of the year. Right now they are offering 25% off on their website, and some holiday incentives as well!
Check out Picture People soon, I promise you will not be disappointed, if you take my advice!